If you are wanting to design a typographical logo, there is a great tool that lets you create a logo using google fonts in a few minutes.
Google has made available a large collection of fonts available for direct download to your computer.
Create a logo using Google Fonts
- Enter to Google Fonts and start to exploring the fonts.
- Click on the sample text, and type your text
- Now, click on “APPLY TO ALL FONTS” link, to see your logo sampled on each font. Scroll to see all of the samples
- You can now start trying styles, categories, and any other of the font options available to make your logo using google fonts.
- The trick: Now, ZOOM your browser to see the fonts in a bigger format. (Use Ctrl+ on your keyboard)
- Finally, take a screenshot of the desired logo made with google fonts. If you have a Mac, press Commant-Shift-4 and select the portion of the screen you want to save. If you are on a PC, press Print-Screen key on your keyboard, and open any app (Paint, Word) and just paste it. On a mobile phone, use the screen capture keys combination to get it saved. Keep in mind and review Google Fonts terms and conditions to see where and how can you use this logo created using google fonts.
A final note for creating a logo using google fonts:
You can download the font instead of taking a screenshot. You’ll be able to install it on your computer. Then, open any app (PowerPoint, Word, Paint, etc), type your text, and select the font from the font menu.
To download a font specimen, click on + icon and then, click on download .zip file. Unzip the file and double click de font file (usually a .ttf file) Your computer will guide you to install it.
Happy designing 🙂